Minggu, 19 April 2009

THE DEVILCORAL


After visiting Banten Mosque, I went to Karangantu Harbor. We ride a becak and pay 7000 IDR. It is only 15 minutes from the mosque. I am attracted by the name of Karangantu, so I decided to visit. This name Karangantu is derived from a folk legend in the past. There is a big empty ship had docked in this place. With no passenger and no ship crews, the ship like belong to a devil ship. From this point in the future this place is named as Karangantu.

Out of the scared story above, this was an important harbor in Old Banten. In the era of Banten Sultanate this place is an international harbor. Manny foreigner trader ship had docked. But nowadays it is very different. This harbor has sleep and no more activities as before. There are only small boat native fisherman make some activities. But I am not feeling up-set to visit this harbor. I had find some attracted mind on there, just watching the struggle of live from the native fishermen on the site.

For a while I spent my time, take some capture and make some interaction and communication with fishermen. They are very humble and very responsive to foreigner.
Finally I go back to Serang by public transportation again. The sun will set up. And I must in hurry go to Merak than to Bandar Lampung. Ok I close this posting about Banten. (Written by Aji and Joe)