Kamis, 09 April 2009

Prambanan Temple


The day after, I am visit to Prambanan also. This temple is not so far from Yogyakarta. You can go by TransJogya bus way. It is about 3000 IDR for one-way ticket. And you can reach the temple.

This temple also called by Rara Jonggrang Temple. It is the biggest Hindu Temple of Indonesia. The location is about 20 Km of east Yogyakarta, exactly in the border of East Java and DIY province. Loro Jongrang Temple was built in Prambanan Village, in the border of Sleman and Klaten Residence.

This temple was built around 850 by Rakai Pikatan, Mataram I Kingdome, and Balitung Maha Sambu, Sanjaya Kingdome. Not long after this temple was built. The people left it and the temple beginning broke. The people move out from the temple are by war and and big earthquake.

This temple was being an icon of Indonesian tourism. With his temple as its logo. This temple always is preferred object tourism. Unfortunately, while I am coming, this temple still under reconstruction after earthquake at 27 Mei 2006 in Yogyakarta. The accident is about 5, 9 of Richter scale. Many building crack down and also many villager had pass away. The Brahma temple in prambanan was break also.

Beside you are travel and visit this temple, you can get buy some souvenir. Begin from key hanger, miniature of temple, T-shirt etc. if you wish to buy…Don’t forget to ask reduce 50% of the price offering. Because usually they are have increase about the original offering price.
After I am feel satisfied walking around the temple. I go to Sewu Temple complex. I will write about this temple in my next posting. Don’t forget to follow my journey and my report in Juhdymagazine. Thanks. ( written by : ajie and joe )