Jumat, 17 April 2009

TRIP TO BANTEN


This holyday session I have gone to Banten. It is a new province. At the year of 2000 Banten split from West Java. First, I have gone to Serang, the capital of Banten. It is a small city and still development city. I saw this city still in a fix programming city development.

After watching and looking at the center city of Serang, I am going to Ancient Banten City. This is my start point of my journey. Banten was a very famous city in the past. It was a big harbor and an international trade city in South East Asia.

I need 30 minutes to reach Old Banten, by public transportation. The old Banten city placed in Banten Gulf. In the past it was a capital of Banten Sultanate. It was a harbor that The Netherlands was come at the first in Indonesia. The harbor was called with “Karangantu Harbor”. Although Karangantu now is not a crowd and active harbor as before. It is an amazing city. We still can see the power of Banten in the past. There is an ancient castle in Banten, It is Surosowan Castle beside The Jami Mosque. ( by Joe and ajie )