Rabu, 22 April 2009

Lampung Journey


After crossing Sunda strait for two hours by ferry, I can reach to Sumatra Island exactly at Bakauheny Harbor. This is my first time to visit this island. I have a plan to explore around Bandar Lampung area.

While I am coming it is about 2 AM in the morning. I and my friend looking for a hotel o have a sleep. But we are really shock, after asking to many people we still can not find a hotel. There is someone telling us to get a hotel, but it is around 24 km from Bakauheni. It is mean we must straight a head about 1.5 hours again by bus, or microlet. It is un beliefable, that in the big harbor city Bakauheni we can not find any motel or hotel. Maybe just only we are not know a hotel in here. My friend Aji told to me : It is sound imposible

After discussing for a while, I and Aji make a decision go to Kalianda by micro let. We get information from the guard harbor that we can find a hotel on there. We pay 15000 IDR for a ticket. We scared also while we can not find a hotel that night. Along the way to Kalianda, we passed down and up some hills, sometime we through silence villages. There is some being in the darkness no electricity. After uncomforted sitting in the crowd and hot micro let, we can reach the centre of Kalianda. We have a lucky because the kind driver fined for us a hotel, Beringin Hotel. There is still an empty room for us. We get a room and pay only 75000 IDR per night. After taking a bath, finally we get a sleep in the simple and minimalism room. But it is Ok just to take a rest in my vacation. (Written by Aji and Joe)