Kamis, 09 April 2009

Sewu Temple (Sewu=1000)


I am going to continue my travel to Sewu Temple. This complex is not so far from Roro Joggrang. I am only walking about 15 minutes to reach the temples. Sewu temples maybe was built by King Rakai Panangkaran, 746 – 784 of The Mataram Ancient Kingdome . The Sewu temple complex is the second biggest temple after Borobudur Temple.

Following the myth of the villager, The Sewu temple contain of 999 building. Bandung Bondowoso was built this complex only in a one night. It is an agreement for his proposal to marry Roro Joggrang. But he was failed. Because he could not built a complete 1000 temples. He was less one temple only. He became angry, than He spoke to Roro Jonggrang to be a statue for completing 1000 temples.

I am very interesting to this folk story. The story had been made into a film. With Minute Atmanegara scenes as Roro Jonggrang. I also want to count the temples. Is it really 1000 temple or not? As per the name of Sewu Temple. Ahh… But I am not sure the total temples are 1000 exactly. Because I was busy to make some photo capture in the artistic area, he he . In the same time, there are many people was make a pre-wedding photo session. Really this place is very good to make the pre-wedding photos session.

There is a unique historical about this temple. Sewu temple is a Buddhist temple but the temple was built by a Hindu Kingdome. This is a fact that Indonesian is a tolerant nation and people since a long time ago.

Ok…Bye this is one end point of my traveling in Yogyakarta. Don’t forget and following my next posting…… See you in Banten. By the way if you want to know more about Yogyakarta culinary pls click : culinery. (Written by: Aji and Joe )